Christmas Lights switch-on in Lambeth
This weekend sees the official start of the Christmas season in Lambeth with Christmas lights switched on in Brixton and Clapham on Friday and Vauxhall on Monday.
The Mayor of Lambeth, Cllr Chris Wellbelove, will be marking the official start of the Christmas season in Lambeth by switching on lights in Brixton and Clapham on Friday November 30.
- Friday November 30 3.50pm – Tulse Hill Sainsbury’s on Brixton Water Lane (2 Tulse Hill, Brixton, London SW2 2TP
- 4.30pm – Brixton, Tunstall Road, SW9 (by the Bowie mural on the wall of Morley’s, who are supporting the event), with Beverly Randall of Mosaic Clubhouse (the Mayor’s charity) and Corpus Christi Choir.
- 5.40pm – Clapham (The Polygon, SW4)
Clapham BID say: “Clapham is a go to destination this Christmas. With over sixty restaurants and 30 late night venues, it’s a great place to celebrate the festive period, with events throughout December including live music, theatre and art. 2018 also sees the
return of Winterville on Clapham Common, a festive winter wonderland.” Visit the www.thisisclapham.co.uk events page.
At 6pm on Monday 3 December London’s Night Czar Amy Lamé will turn on the Vauxhall Christmas Tree Lights, followed by a performance from the amazing West End Musical Choir. This will kick off a week of musical performances in front of Vauxhall’s Christmas tree from 5.30 to 6.30pm every night.
- Mon 3rd – World Heartbeat Music
- Tues 4th – The Treblemakers
- Wed 5th – Real Voices
- Thurs 6th – London Gay Men’s Chorus
- Fri 7th – Bearpit Carol-oke at Vauxhall Street Food Market