Lambeth Community Fund – LCF Grant Opportunity!
The Lambeth Community Fund is a charitable venture set up to support the borough today and long into the future, responding over time to the changing needs of local people. The fund focuses on improving the wellbeing and quality of life of Lambeth residents. ‘Wellbeing’ covers a broad range of components that an individual needs to live a full and well-rounded life. We achieve this through the four themes below.
All applications must address at least one of the following themes:
- Stronger Together – bringing together people from diverse parts of the community to celebrate what it is to be a Lambeth resident. This theme encourages local organisations to share, learn and grow together to create a strong and vibrant voluntary and community sector.
- Feeling Fine – focusing on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of residents of all ages and backgrounds, looking after the body, mind and soul. This theme is about health and happiness for all, including those who are particularly vulnerable or have specific needs.
- Learning for Life – helping residents to reach their full potential through the development of skills, knowledge and experience. Whether this helps them to find a meaningful job in their chosen career or learn more about something they are passionate about, this theme is about keeping the mind active and challenged, whatever their age.
- On the Right Track – helping those with negative and harmful lifestyles to reconnect with their communities. This theme will provide targeted intervention to help individuals gain the confidence, skills and knowledge to challenge their own behaviours and create a pathway towards a positive future.
We expect to have a total of around £240,000 to fund projects. The majority of the funding available in this round is flexible, however, we have additional funding to meet certain criteria. If your project addresses one of the following you may have a greater chance of success. Please note that you must also address one of the four themes above.
• Improve literacy amongst residents of all ages and backgrounds;
• Increase access to nature and the environment through neighbourhood greening projects;
• Benefit the Portuguese-speaking community;
• Support NEET young people (those not in education, employment or training) into education, training or apprenticeships.
All projects must be for the benefit of Lambeth residents and we expect activities to take place within the borough, unless there is a good reason for them not to – for example the project includes a residential trip. The fund is aimed at small, grassroots organisations, and we are particularly interested in projects that are led and delivered by the communities who will benefit. Your organisation does not have to be based within Lambeth but we will be looking to see that you have an existing relationship with the people you want to work with.
Community groups, registered charities, charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs), tenants and residents’ associations (TRAs), companies limited by guarantee, social enterprises or community interest companies (CICs) with an annual income of £250,000 or less are all eligible to apply to the fund.
Please note that if your organisation’s annual income in the last year was greater than £250,000 you will not be eligible for funding. This has changed since previous rounds of the Lambeth Community Fund.
We expect to have Grants of between £500 and £10,000 available for projects of up to one year. A small number of two-year grants of up to £20,000 may be awarded to exceptional projects with potential strategic impact on the borough. We will fund both new and existing projects.
How to apply
To apply to this fund, please take a look at the fund guidelines and application form guidance by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen and then clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
5pm Thursday 20 December 2018.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any element of the fund or your application, please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at email@example.com