Open Garden Squares Weekend: Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 June
Tickets are now on sale for this year’s Open Garden Squares Weekend 2019 – London’s most popular garden-visiting weekend.
The annual event allows members of the public exclusive access to some of the capital’s most exciting, private and unique gardens, including the garden at Number 10 Downing Street (available by public ballot) and to take part in a whole range of free events, workshops, talks and activities, including croquet and cocktails, live music performances, and poetry.
Organised by the London Parks and Gardens Trust, and now in its’ 22nd year, the event promotes the social, cultural and environmental impact gardens, squares and green spaces make to the capital and its inhabitants.
This year, over 130 London gardens will participate in the Weekend – ranging from the historic and
traditional to the new and experimental. There are community gardens, gardens in
schools and churches, on rooftops, on railway platforms and in skips to discover across the whole of central London.
A Weekend ticket allows visitors the unique opportunity to explore the gardens of London’s most fascinating squares, gardens and green spaces including those in Chelsea, Kensington, Pimlico, Islington, Wandsworth, Camden, Hackney and Westminster.
To buy tickets visit www.opensquares.org
Tickets are priced £20 for the weekend. Children under 12 go free. See website for concessions.
Highlighted gardens in LAMBETH AND SOUTHWARK:
- Jamming Buddhist Centre, SE11, Saturday 10-4pm
- NEW: Knight’s Walk Community Garden, SE11, Sunday 10-5pm
- NEW: Oasis Farm, SE1, Saturday 9-4pm, Sunday 9-11am. Meet Cbeebies presenter and vet Jess French for a family-friendly talk on wildlife in the garden, Saturday 12 noon. Free
- South London Botanical Institute, SE24, Sunday 2-5pm. Unusual plant sale
- 49 Bankside, SE1 and next door neighbour The Deanery, SE1, Saturday 10-5pm. Music
- NEW: Bell House, SE21, Saturday and Sunday 2-5pm. Gut health talk and demo, Sunday 2pm
- NEW: Iliffe Yard, SE17, Saturday 9-7pm and Sunday 10-6pm. Open studios, craft sale and music
- Walworth Garden, SE17, Saturday and Sunday 10-4pm
A full list of the 2019 gardens can be viewed by visiting opensquares.org
Twitter: @OpenSquares #OGSW19